Images not loading? Scroll down to the bottom of the page, then try to print again.
The laws on window blind safety came into effect in 2014. These regulations make it illegal to sell or professionally install a window blind that does not meet standards which set out requirements for:
• Warnings and instructions
• Maximum cord and chain lengths
• Safety devices for preventing any cords or chains from forming a hazard loop
• The testing of all safety critical items of internal blinds
• The testing of blinds using safety devices
• Packaging and point-of-sale
• The installation of safety devices on the product at the point of manufacture
How the regulations will effect your orders with us:
Any track or blind with a fixed cord or chain control will be supplied with a safety device which must be fitted without exception.
Warning tags that are attached to the cords/chains highlighting the dangers are to be left in place for the end user to remove.
We supply corded poles, tracks, and blinds with a chain/cord length according to the following formula:
Chain/cord length = fixing height less 1500 mm
If you are in any doubt as to the safety of your blinds please contact us, and we will be happy to advise on the most appropriate blind and safety systems.